Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I guess I spoke too soon...

As I stated on my last blog, of how mild and cool weather we have been having here in Chicago. Well not anymore~!
We are looking at some snow/slush fall this coming weekend. I am planning to go to Cleveland with Ashlee to visit my American family out there but unfortunately the weather out there does not look so hot either. Damn lake effects!!!
It really got cold very quickly. I was recently talking to my friend Jen, who lives in L.A., of their dry warm days of reaching 80s. Yeah, that's nice... Even though the weather gets so cold here in Chicago, I still love living here. Growing up in few different places, starting out in Japan where there are four seasons, then moving to Guam, where it's hot and humid all year long(with the typical Super-Typhoon that comes through once or twice or sometimes thrice over the summer...). Then to change the scene I moved to Connecticut to go to my highschool. I actually had a choice of attending a boarding school in Austin, TX called St. Stephen's or Kent school in Kent, CT. I ended up going to Kent because I didn't score high enough on my English proficiency exam for St. Stephen's. Damn language diffculties!!! But the time my family and I visited Austin, I was tired of the always tropical weather. I wanted the change in seasons. My parents, on the other hand, loved the tropical weather... It didn't matter at the end. I went on to Kent, my parents moved to Mexico City for my father's job so afterall, they got their wish of staying somewhere that stays warm most of the time.

I must say that, I do miss some snow(I know I'm asking for it now...). It's just not the same to feel the hellish chill of winter here in Chicago without the freezing cold wind from the lake and instant freezing ice on the ground from the fallen-snow. Actually, the freezing cold wind is here already...

I hope everyone is enjoying their own way of winter living. For us in Chicago, the winter just started, and have not seen the worst of it yet.

No comments: