Sunday, January 7, 2007

First blog of 2007!

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday and brought on a New Year with your family and love ones. I had a great time visiting Ashlee's family in Arkansas. Which at first, I was expecting a rather warm Southern holidays but unfortunately that was not true. It was actually rather chilly for the first few days over Christmas. There were several warm days but overall, it was cold and rainy down South where I was.
I thought once we got back to Chicago I will see some snow but what is going on? It's been rather mild here for the past several months. I guess there were few days where it snowed a bit in Chicago but I missed it completely since I spent most of the time of November and half of December in New York City doing some auditions, where the weather was freakishly mild and had so much warm days... After all, it never looked a lot like Christmas this winter.
But now that the new year has started I had all sorts of things in mind to re-evaluate in my life. I should work out, eat better, learn more music and also put together a recital to do. Well, I know better to set too many goals... So far, I have not started on any of them. Which is fine since I hate to create a resolution for my New Year. I say get things done one at a time, work on things one day at a time.
I do have a project that I need to get done which is to memorize my next gig, Don Giovanni. I know that the rehearsal does not start until mid-April but I really want to get down into this role. I have been wanting to tackle this role for a long while. Hence I want to do some studying on this character. We all know of Don Giovanni, or Don Juan. But was he really as bad as he claimed to be? I want to get to know the real man behind the women he conquered in so many different countries. I always want to make the character real. Or at least real enough for me to understand so that I can be that character on stage.
Anyhow, Don Giovanni is my first big project for the year 2007. Hopefully there will be lots more to come.

Get back on the whole weather here in Chicago.
I mean really. What is happening?
I have watched some weather related shows. i.e. Global Warming.
I wonder what would happen in the next decade. In fact there was a show on Northern Alaska where the land is this thing called "permafill"(or I think that is how it's spelled in my mind) which creates this land fill in a freezing temp. like a concrete. But since the whole 'Global Warming' is in effect, these lands are being taken away in the ocean little by little. Scientists are afraid that there will be no Northern Alaska in the next ten years or so.
I am not usually a big one on the whole "save the nature" and what not. But this seems to happen in the very near future. Not that I have an answer or a propaganda of what we should do but I rarely watch any news around the world so when I do watch these changing occurrence in the world I feel the need to consider the fact. It's something different from my usual work stuff.

I hope that this mild weather will continue for a while. But we all know that soon the cold blistering winter will arrive here in Chicago as well. If not then it will never be a true winter here.
It does not really matter though, I will be leaving for Jakarta to visit my parents where it's quite warm. Then off to Japan to visit my relatives where it's cold but probably not as cold as here. By the time I return to Chicago, perhaps we will have some white stuff on the ground...

Meanwhile, I enjoy the nice weather we have been having. I hope you are too.

No comments: