Thursday, January 14, 2010

The "Arctic Express" has left Southern Florida...

The title came from Weather Channel's headline last week when we were experiencing a rather freezing weather here in the Southern Florida. Yeah, it was pretty damn cold since I've been enjoying the 70s, 80s and even a few 90 degrees weather until about couple weeks ago. Of course, I have lived in Kent, CT., Cleveland, OH., and Chicago, IL., where it gets disgustingly cold at winter that I thought 30s and some 20s weather would be nothing. Well, folks, I was wrong! I come to realize that my apartment has no heat, or not even an insulation to retain heat inside the room. This with my floor being stone tile and no carpet made my life here for the past week and a half a living hell.

I got many comments of "you are a wuss" or "stop being a baby! it's negative 10 here in Chicago!" etc., etc. I'm sure you get the point. But let me tell you something. It's still cold when the temp drops about 30 degrees over night!!!

Of course, I thought about going out and buying a space heater when this whole cold spell started but at first, I tried to "tough it out". Silly me, I slept with three layers of clothes and two blankets for about 5 nights. By the time I caved and decided to go seek out a space heater it was ALL SOLD OUT!!! Of course, in a place like Florida, any store won't carry that many space heaters so as soon as this cold weather came about, every one went out to get one like gang busters.

Needless to say, I missed my chance...

I ordered a space heater on Saturday from Bestbuy online. Well, guess what? I got it yesterday, I got to use it last night and it worked so well that I didn't have to wear my fleece sweater to bed. Hooray! Of course, starting today the temp will go up and the cold weather is over but you know what? I know with my luck, we're gonna be getting another cold front soon. When that comes, I'll be totally prepared.

No comments: