Friday, June 1, 2007

Skype-tastic!

I have recently joined Skype. Feels as if I am a bit behind the technology today. I am totally hooked on this. I can't believe I didn't jump on this sooner. The fact that I can talk to someone for free, or at a very low rate, anywhere in the world! In fact, I just had a conversation with my old choir director's wife who is also on Skype. We got to catch up on few things before she had to go on an errand. It was so convenient to make a call as well. Although I have been trying to get a hold of my parents this way, they have not answered... It is definitely cheaper to call this way than using my phone card through my cell.

I say, once this catches on, maybe we won't need a land line. Almost everyone that I know has high speed internet nowadays. Hell, even my girlfriend's parents have one, and they live in a more rural area. It's free to join with an option of paying $30 yearly fee to have a phone number attach to your account to have unlimited calling out and receiving calls in US and Canada. The international rate is quite low as well. Before I start to sound like a commercial, everyone should check this thing out. All you need is a microphone and your computer speaker to talk to someone, anywhere in the world!

I give two thumbs up for Skype!

1 comment:

Thomas Glenn said...

Skype has totally saved my life.